Introductory Award in Computerised Accounting
This qualification provides an introduction on how to utilise a computerised accounting software package. It enables students to become confident in carrying out routine accounting tasks on any computerised accounting package, including how to create accounts, process accounting information, understand how to use batch control sheets and produce accounting reports.
- Creating accounts using computerised accounts software
- Processing accounting information using software
- Understanding how to use batch control sheets
- Producing reports using computerised software
- Using a spreadsheet to enter, edit and organise numerical and other data
- Using appropriate formulas and tools to summarise and display spreadsheet information
- Selecting and using appropriate tools and techniques to present spreadsheet information effectively
Course length: 6 Months
How you'll be assessed
All assessments in this qualification:
- Are set and marked by AAT
- Are computer based
- Are time limited
- Are scheduled by training providers
- Take place at approved centres and venues under controlled conditions.
- Are available on demand throughout the year, except during periods set and communicated by AAT.
||1 hour 30 minutes
||1 hour 45 minutes|
Benefits of Computerised Accounting:
- Develops your skills and knowledge to increase your productivity and be able to support an organisation's finance team.
- Provides you with the confidence to use any computerised accountancy package.
- Helps to expand the skills of a current professional bookkeeper.
- Gives transferable skills to support career changers up-skilling and looking for new job prospects.
- Once you've completed the introductory level, you'll be awarded the AAT Level 1 Award in Computerised Accounting.
Who is it for?
- Practicing or part-qualified bookkeepers with an existing knowledge of manual bookkeeping.
- People who are unemployed and looking to gain relevant knowledge to conduct finance administration duties on a computerised accountancy package.
- Small business owners who want to acquire the basic understanding of how computerised accounting works.