Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping
A student completing this qualification will understand advanced bookkeeping principles and concepts, preparation of financial statements for sole traders and partnerships, and issues around indirect tax (VAT in the UK) in business. All of this will be learned in the context of the ethical issues that a bookkeeper may encounter in their professional life.
- Apply the principles of advanced double-entry bookkeeping
- Implement procedures for the acquisition and disposal of non-current assets
- Prepare and record depreciation calculations
- Record period end adjustments
- Produce and extend the trial balance
Final Accounts Preparation
- Distinguish between the financial recording and reporting requirements of different types of organisation
- Explain the need for final accounts and the accounting and ethical principles underlying their preparation
- Prepare accounting records from incomplete information
- Produce accounts for sole traders
- Produce accounts for partnerships
- Recognise the key differences between preparing accounts for a limited company and a sole trader
- Understand and apply VAT legislation requirements
- Accurately complete VAT returns and submit them in a timely manner
- Understand the implications for the business of errors, omissions and late filing and payment
- Report VAT-related information within the organisation in accordance with regulatory and organisational requirement
Course length: 6 Months
How you'll be assessed
All assessments in this qualification:
- Are set and marked by AAT
- Are computer based
- Are time limited
- Are scheduled by training providers
- Take place at approved centres and venues under controlled conditions.
- Are available on demand throughout the year, except during periods set and communicated by AAT.
|Final Accounts Preparation
||1 hour 30 minutes
Benefits of Bookkeeping:
- Helps you to develop specialised and transferable skills that can be used to improve your career prospects.
- The AAT Advanced Bookkeeping qualification provides you with an advanced knowledge of accounting principles and concepts.
- Once you've completed the advanced level, you'll be awarded the AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping.
Who is it for?
- People who have completed the Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping and/or the Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping.
- Experienced bookkeepers looking to acquire further skills.
- Those employed in small to medium sized organisations who require an advanced level of knowledge on this subject.
What will this qualification lead to?
The skills developed in the AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping can lead to employment as:
- a professional bookkeeper
- a senior bookkeeper
- an accounts manager
- a ledger manager.